As most of us know, the past few months have hit small businesses incredibly hard. 20% of small businesses have closed in the past eight months, and a return to “normalcy” is not expected for years. A lot of these businesses are hoping that holiday gift giving can give their businesses a boost, and it is important for everyone to be mindful of where they are purchasing this year. Remember, Amazon and Target aren’t going anywhere, but your purchase at a small businesses means more to them than you know.
So without further ado, here are the gifts I have suggested/purchased this year:
For Coffee and Tea Lovers
- Coffee cup– I am a sucker for anything speckled, as well as beautiful crafted ceramics. I absolutely love how these mugs look and the contoured sides to fit into your hand perfectly.
- Iced tumbler– Summer or winter, I love cold drinks. Iced coffee, iced tea, water, whatever you like to drink this tumbler looks good no matter what.
- Tea Drops– I love trying new variations of tea, and these tea samplers are the perfect plastic-free way to explore new flavors.
- Bourbon Infused Coffee– Alcohol and coffee? Say no more, I love it!
For the Cozy Home
- Robe– My favorite part of the day is slipping in this robe, and it’s thickness is perfect for chilly winter nights.
- Candle– Candlefish started by making candles out of old wine bottles, and have become a boutique shop based in Charleston, SC. I visited while I was there and every scent is so good!
- Shower steamers– Bath bombs are nice, but for those of you who want the same relaxation but don’t have/like baths, this is what you need in your life. Pop one into the shower and be transported to a spa.
- Slippers-If you have a robe you need slippers, and these are a WFH staple.
- Color Pajamas– My niece loves unicorns and drawing on herself (funny to me, not so much to her mother), so when I saw this I had to get it for her.
- Ball Pounding Toy– This is a great toy for a baby to work on their fine motor skills.
- Rattle– It’s a panda, it’s made from sustainably harvested bamboo, and it’s adorable!
- “Women in Art” Book– It’s a great book collection to inspire kids to pursue the arts.
If you are in the Maryland/DC/Virginia area, here are some local small businesses to stop by: